As of Thursday, March 11, 2021, 13,514 vaccinations in opposition to COVID-19 had been administered to residents of the jurisdiction of the Japanese Ontario Well being Unit (EOHU), which incorporates the United Counties of Prescott and Russell, the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry, and the Metropolis of Cornwall.
|Variety of vaccines given final week||· 2,417 vaccines administered at EOHU clinics|
|Who obtained vaccines final week||· Long run care (LTC) employees and important caregivers (ECG), first dose
· Retirement house (RH) employees and ECGs, first dose
· Well being Care Staff (HCW) from highest and really excessive precedence degree, first dose
· Emergency first responders responding to medical calls, first dose
· Power house care recipients who’re 80 years of age and older, born in 1941 or earlier than (80+), first dose
· LTC residents, first dose
· RH residents, second dose
|What is occurring this week||· The EOHU continues to work in collaboration with neighborhood and municipal companions to carry fastened web site clinics throughout the 5 counties and the Metropolis of Cornwall to vaccinate:
· employees & ECGs of RHs and LTC properties
· highest and really excessive precedence degree HCWs
· emergency first responders
· physicians and their employees
· The EOHU is working with Indigenous companions to roll out vaccines.
· Hospital companions proceed to vaccinate their employees and various degree of care sufferers.
· The EOHU continues to work with companions to construct capability to guide and administer vaccinations as provide will increase within the coming weeks.
|Who’s deliberate to be vaccinated subsequent||· RH residents, second dose
· HCWs from highest, very excessive precedence degree, first dose
· Power house care recipients who’re 80+ first dose
· Adults who’re 80+, first dose
· We proceed to succeed in out to HCWs in all precedence ranges as we plan to start vaccinating HCWs from the excessive precedence degree as quickly as potential.
|Different data||The EOHU is getting ready for the opening of a web based reserving system in addition to a web based pre-registration instrument. Pre-registration will facilitate reserving appointments shortly and simply as vaccine provide will increase.
To extend the variety of people benefiting from a primary dose of vaccine within the context of a restricted COVID-19 vaccine provide, the province is following suggestions from the Nationwide Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) to increase the time interval of the second dose of COVID-19 vaccines as much as 16 weeks. This is applicable to the three two-dose vaccines at the moment authorized by Well being Canada (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD).
Vaccine provide continues to influence each the native and provincial vaccine roll out. Consequently, we proceed to regulate our native plans to align with Ministry-identified goal populations.
Please be assured that the EOHU is enterprise each effort to distribute the vaccines as quickly as they’re obtained as a way to shield as a lot of our residents as potential, as shortly as potential. It stays extraordinarily necessary to proceed following public health precautions – even if in case you have obtained the vaccine – till a big majority of residents in our area have been vaccinated.