Pre-registration for the provincial vaccine reserving system is now open for these eligible to obtain the vaccine beneath section one of many Ontario plan.
In line with the Simcoe Muskoka District Well being Unit, this spherical of pre-registration is open to all Indigenous adults (over 16 years outdated) and their family members, grownup recipients of power residence care, excessive precedence frontline well being care employees, and important caregivers of residents in long-term care and retirement houses.
Seniors aged 80 years outdated and above don’t must pre-register. They may be capable of guide an appointment when the province’s reserving system launches subsequent week (March 15).
Anybody exterior of those teams shouldn’t be eligible for a vaccine proper now, and subsequently can’t pre-register. You’ll be able to learn extra about eligibility necessities here.
In line with the well being unit, those that pre-register would require a well being card and an e-mail tackle. After registering they’ll obtain an e-mail invitation with a reserving code to guide an appointment. They won’t obtain the e-mail instantly, and it might take days or even weeks to reach.
Pre-registering is much like including your title to a waitlist, in line with the well being unit.
The well being unit has supplied a listing of questions and solutions about pre-registration here.
If you’re at the moment on a ready record with the well being unit for an appointment between March 10 and 16, you do not want to pre-register once more.
To pre-register, use this link from the health unit, and choose the dropdown menu for the relevant eligibility group.
In line with the province’s vaccine plan, beneath section two of the rollout, which is able to start between April and July relying on vaccine availability, contains the next teams:
- Older adults, starting with these 79 years of age (born in 1942 or earlier) and lowering in five-year increments over the course of the vaccine rollout.
- Individuals who dwell and work in high-risk congregate settings (for instance, shelters, group residing).
- Important frontline employees who can’t work at home
- People with high-risk power situations.
- Different populations and communities dealing with obstacles associated to the determinants of well being throughout Ontario who’re at higher COVID-19 threat.
Following the completion of section two, the ultimate section opens up vaccine appointments to anybody over the age of 16 who needs to be vaccinated.
Discussion about this post