In its replace right this moment the Well being Unit reported no new instances and simply three energetic instances, all in Nipissing. All are isolating
Regardless of low numbers, the North Bay Parry Sound district will stay within the crimson zone for no less than one other week.
In its replace right this moment the Well being Unit reported no new instances and simply three energetic instances, all in Nipissing. All are isolating.
Our area has had 270 total cases for the reason that pandemic started.
Timiskaming Health Unit experiences seven energetic instances and is within the orange zone.
The Sudbury Health Unit experiences 232 energetic instances.It’s coming into the grey-lockdown zone.
And the Simcoe-Muskoka Health Unit experiences 343 and that is up 45 from yesterday. It stays a crimson zone.
Pre-registration for choose eligible teams on the province’s Part 1 roll out plan is now open on the Simcoe Muskoka District Well being Unit’s website.
Eligible teams who can pre-register embrace highest, very excessive and excessive precedence frontline well being care staff in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s Guidance on Health Care Worker Prioritization; important caregivers of residents in long-term care and retirement houses; all Indigenous adults and their family members; and grownup recipients of continual dwelling care. To pre-register, or for extra details about COVID-19 and the vaccine roll out go to www.smdhu.org.
In northern Ontario, the breakdown of Public Well being Ontario knowledge is:
- North Bay Parry Sound District Well being Unit: 268 instances, charge of 206.5 per 100,000 folks. The well being unit has reported 270 instances. There are three identified energetic instances. There are two confirmed instances of the UK (B.1.1.7) variant, and 20 confirmed instances of the South African (B.1.351) variant of concern. The area is within the crimson – management zone.
- Public Well being Sudbury and Districts: 876 instances, charge of 440.2 per 100,000 folks. The well being unit has reported 896. There are 263 identified energetic instances. There are three confirmed variants of concern (VOC) instances, each are the UK (B.1.1.7) pressure. The area is within the gray – lockdown zone.
- Timiskaming Well being Unit: 105 instances, charge of 321.2 per 100,000 folks. The well being unit has reported 106 instances. There are eight identified energetic instances. There’s one confirmed case of the South African (B.1.351) variant of concern. The area is within the orange – limit zone.
- Algoma Public Well being: 201 instances, charge of 175.6 per 100,000 folks. There are seven identified energetic instances, together with two folks not from Algoma who’re quickly within the area. The area is within the yellow – defend zone.
- Porcupine Well being Unit: 344 instances, charge of 412.3 per 100,000 folks. There are three identified energetic instances. There are two confirmed instances of the South African (B.1.351) variant of concern. The area is within the orange – limit zone.
- Northwestern Well being Unit: 548 instances, charge of 625 per 100,000 folks. The well being unit has reported 560 instances. There are 68 identified energetic instances. There’s one confirmed case of the UK (B.1.1.7) variant. The area is within the yellow – defend zone.
- Thunder Bay District Well being Unit: 2,208 instances, charge of 1,472.4 per 100,000 folks. The well being unit has reported 2,256 instances, There are 435 identified energetic instances. The area is within the gray – lockdown degree.
Public Well being Ontario has reported 1,374 new instances of COVID-19 right this moment (March 12).
As we speak’s report contains 18 new deaths, together with one particular person between 40 and 59 years previous, eight folks between 60 and 79 years previous, and 9 folks aged 80 or older.
The province has reported 65 new hospitalizations since yesterday, and 10 new admissions of COVID-19 sufferers to intensive care models.
The March 12 replace supplied by the province’s public well being company additionally reported the next knowledge:
- 1,124 recoveries
- 11,512 energetic instances, which is up from 11,283 yesterday
- 676 persons are at the moment hospitalized with COVID-19 in Ontario, down from 680 reported yesterday.
- There are 282 COVID sufferers in intensive care models (up from 277 yesterday) and 189 COVID sufferers on ventilators (up from 184 yesterday)
- The province reported 64,611 assessments had been processed yesterday leading to a 2.4 per cent positivity charge.
- One other 36,744 assessments are nonetheless below investigation and/or being processed. Thus far, 11.6 million assessments have been accomplished.
- Of the 1,374 new instances reported right this moment, 371 are from Toronto, 225 instances are from Peel, 111 are from York Area, and 43 are from Simcoe-Muskoka
- There are 78 energetic outbreaks at long-term care houses, 51 at retirement houses, and 20 at hospitals.
- The brand new instances reported right this moment embrace 283 people aged 19 and below, 504 folks between 20 and 39 years previous, 359 folks between 40 and 59 years previous, 183 folks between 60 and 79 years previous, and 41 folks aged 80 and over.
Variants of concern (Ontario-wide)
- 1,005 lab-confirmed instances of the UK variant pressure of COVID-19 (B.1.1.7).
- 42 instances of B.1.351 (often known as the South African variant).
- 34 instances of P.1, which is the variant pressure that originated in Brazil.
- One other 6,859 instances have screened optimistic with a mutation detected, however the lineage for the variant pressure not but detected.
- In keeping with Public Well being Ontario, there are delays between specimen assortment and the testing required to verify a variant of concern. As such, the experiences can change and might differ from previous case counts publicly reported.
- There have been 43,503 doses of vaccines against COVID-19 administered on March 11, which is up from 40,610 administered on Mar. 10.
- As of 8 p.m. on March 11, the province reported 1,062,910 doses of vaccine towards COVID-19 have been administered.
- In complete, 282,748 folks have been absolutely vaccinated.
Public Well being Ontario has confirmed 314,891 instances of COVID-19 for the reason that begin of the pandemic, and reported 296,252 recoveries and seven,127 deaths, of which 3,877 had been people dwelling in long-term care houses.
The cumulative common incidence charge within the province is 2,118.4 instances per 100,000 folks in Ontario.
The weekly incidence charge in Ontario is 56.3 instances per 100,000 folks, which is a rise of 9.1 per cent from final week (Feb. 24 – Mar. 2).
In the meantime, the Ontario authorities is shifting three public well being areas to new ranges within the revised and strengthened Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Framework, together with shifting Lambton Public Well being into Gray-Lockdown. Selections had been made in session with the native medical officers of well being and are primarily based on the tendencies in public well being indicators and native context and circumstances.
“The most recent modelling suggests we’re at a crucial stage in our struggle towards this devastating virus, and that the actions we take now will assist guarantee folks keep protected,” stated Christine Elliott, Minister of Well being.
Primarily based on the newest knowledge, the next three public well being areas will probably be shifting from their present degree within the Framework to the next ranges efficient Monday, March 15, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.:
- Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Well being Unit.
Efficient right this moment at 12:01 a.m., the federal government activated an “emergency brake” within the Public Well being Sudbury and Districts area, shifting it to the Gray-Lockdown degree. The choice was made because of the regarding tendencies in public well being indicators and in session with the native medical officer of well being.
Go to Ontario.ca/covidresponse for the total checklist of public well being area classifications.
Go to Ontario’s COVID-19 vaccine web page to view the newest provincial knowledge and data on COVID-19 vaccines.