Pre-registration for the provincial vaccine reserving system is now open for these eligible to obtain the vaccine beneath section one of many Ontario plan.
In keeping with the Simcoe Muskoka District Well being Unit, this spherical of pre-registration is open to all Indigenous adults (over 16 years outdated) and their family members, grownup recipients of persistent house care, excessive precedence frontline well being care staff, and important caregivers of residents in long-term care and retirement properties.
Seniors aged 80 years outdated and above don’t must pre-register. They are going to have the ability to e-book an appointment when the province’s reserving system launches subsequent week (March 15).
Anybody outdoors of those teams isn’t eligible for a vaccine proper now, and due to this fact can’t pre-register. You’ll be able to learn extra about eligibility necessities here.
In keeping with the well being unit, those that pre-register would require a well being card and an e-mail handle. After registering they’ll obtain an e-mail invitation with a reserving code to e-book an appointment. They won’t obtain the e-mail instantly, and it may take days or even weeks to reach.
Pre-registering is just like including your identify to a waitlist, in keeping with the well being unit.
The well being unit has supplied a listing of questions and solutions about pre-registration here.
If you’re at present on a ready record with the well being unit for an appointment between March 10 and 16, you do not want to pre-register once more.
To pre-register, use this link from the health unit, and choose the dropdown menu for the relevant eligibility group.
In keeping with the province’s vaccine plan, beneath section two of the rollout, which can start between April and July relying on vaccine availability, contains the next teams:
- Older adults, starting with these 79 years of age (born in 1942 or earlier) and lowering in five-year increments over the course of the vaccine rollout.
- Individuals who reside and work in high-risk congregate settings (for instance, shelters, group residing).
- Important frontline staff who can’t make money working from home
- People with high-risk persistent situations.
- Different populations and communities going through obstacles associated to the determinants of well being throughout Ontario who’re at larger COVID-19 threat.
Following the completion of section two, the ultimate section opens up vaccine appointments to anybody over the age of 16 who needs to be vaccinated.