When Benjamin noticed smoke at assisted living facility in St. Matthews, he referred to as dispatch after which he adopted the smoke.
ST MATTHEWS, S.C. — “He did a tremendous job, simply a tremendous job,” firefighter Jeff Hammond mentioned as he spoke a few hearth at an assisted living facility in St. Matthews and a volunteer firefighter who rescued two residents.
Affectionately referred to as “Shack,” Suguan Benjamin occurred to be in St. Matthews on Tuesday when an assisted living facility caught on hearth. Benjamin is a volunteer firefighter in St. Matthews however works for the City of Columbia’s Water Department.
When Benjamin noticed smoke at assisted living facility at 210 Church Street in St. Matthews, he referred to as dispatch after which he adopted the smoke.
According to Hammond, Benjamin noticed the supervisor of the facility had gotten seven of the 9 residents out of the burning constructing to security. Benjamin bought the opposite two out.
Because it was an older facility, St. Matthews hearth chief Jeff Price put out an ‘All Call.’ Departments from Belleville, Fort Mott, Cameron, Sandy Run, Jamison, Caw Caw and Jumper stations all responded.
It took crews about ninety minutes to get the hearth beneath management.
No residents or firefighters have been injured within the blaze.
No phrase but on trigger or harm estimate.
Red Cross is aiding residents with lodging and different wants.
Discussion about this post