Many Veterans handled by neighborhood suppliers have caregivers however are their caregivers being actively concerned in managing their well being circumstances? Join VA for a March 25 webinar on understanding the wants of caregivers and their vital position in the care of Veteran, together with the advantages of practising inclusive care.
A latest VA examine discovered that 56% of VA caregivers mentioned neighborhood suppliers by no means requested them for concepts about managing their Veteran’s well being. And 69% mentioned they’ve by no means been requested if they’ve the abilities or coaching wanted to assist their Veteran. Also, 72% had been by no means requested in the event that they wanted assist at house in managing their Veteran’s situation.
During this webinar, you’ll learn the way integrating caregivers extra totally into the healthcare staff outcomes in higher outcomes for the well being care staff, caregiver and most significantly, the Veteran.
Date: March 25, 2021, at 1 p.m. ET
Target Audience: Community suppliers and VA suppliers
Access: Register in VHA TRAIN. Program coordinators will file the webinar and place the recording in VHA TRAIN for later viewing.
- Leah Christensen, scientific program coordinator for the Caregiver Support Program, VA, Washington, D.C.
- Coleton Whitaker, director of packages for the Elizabeth Dole Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- Discuss the position of caregivers and their significance to the care staff.
- Identify the 4 rules of Inclusive Care (CARE) and the worth of the Academy for Inclusive Care in taking a system-vast method to care.
- Provider assets accessible to help caregivers.
Continuing Education Units
- AAPA: CME Credits
- AACME – Non-Physician AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
- ACPE – Contact Hours/Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) Credits
- ANCC: Contact Hours Continuing Nursing Education
- APA: Continuing Education Credit
- ASWB: Continuing Education Clock Hours
- Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education (JA IPCE)
- NYSED SW: Continuing Education Clock Hours
We hope you may attend!
C. Barbara Plantt is the outreach coordinator for the VHA Office of Community Care.