Are you concerned about your memory or worried that someone you know may have dementia? Dementia Australia is offering a range of support in the Limestone Coast of South Australia between 30 March and 13 May 2021.
There are estimated to be more than 4,070 people living with dementia in the federal electorate of Barker. Without a medical breakthrough, this number is expected to increase to an estimated 6,150 people living with dementia by 2058.
The Dementia Australia courses are an opportunity for people living with dementia and carers to attend free education sessions about dementia and to discuss the support and services Dementia Australia can provide. Please note, bookings are essential.
Events and education sessions include:
Worried about your memory?
This session provides information on memory and common changes that may occur with ageing. It provides strategies for improving memory, when to seek help about your concerns and services provided by Dementia Australia.
· Tuesday 30 March 10:00am – 11:30am at Kingston, SA
· Wednesday 31 March 10:00am – 11:30am at Robe, SA
· Wednesday 21 April 10:00am – 11:30am at Keith, SA
· Thursday 22 April 10:00am – 11:30am at Bordertown, SA
· Wednesday 12 May 10:00am – 11:30am at Naracoorte, SA
· Thursday 13 May 10:00am – 11:30am at Millicent, SA
Understanding dementia – Community session
This session is an introduction to dementia, the different types of dementia, diagnosis, planning ahead and how to support someone living with dementia.
· Tuesday 30 March 1:00pm – 2:30pm at Kingston, SA
· Wednesday 31 March 1:00pm – 2:30pm at Robe, SA
· Wednesday 21 April 1:00pm – 2:30pm at Keith, SA
· Thursday 22 April 1:00pm – 2:30pm at Bordertown, SA
· Wednesday 12 May 1:00pm – 2:30pm at Naracoorte, SA
· Thursday 13 May 1:00pm – 2:30pm at Millicent, SA
Bookings for courses and sessions are essential. Visit https://www.dementia.org.au/brainhub/limestonecoast to view details and register to attend.
Not able to attend? Dementia Australia is still here for you. The National Dementia Helpline is available on 1800 100 500 from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
Dementia Australia is the source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. No matter how you are impacted by dementia or who you are, we are here for you.