Being held in Iroquois Falls, Cochrane, Smooth Rock Falls and Hornepayne
The Porcupine Health Unit announced additional vaccine clinics to be held this week in Iroquois Falls, Cochrane, Smooth Rock Falls and Hornepayne.
The dates, locations and times are:
• Iroquois Falls, at the Community Centre, on Wednesday, March 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.;
• Smooth Rock Falls, at the Community Centre, on Wednesday, March 24 from 10 a.m to 2 p.m.;
• Cochrane, at the Pavilion, on Thursday, March 25 from 10 a.m to 2 p.m.; and
• Hornepayne, at the Porcupine Health Unit, on Thursday, March 25 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Those eligible to receive the vaccine at these clinics are:
• Staff and essential caregivers of long term care homes, retirement homes and First Nations elder care;
• Highest, Very High and High Priority health-care workers (as outlined in the provincial guidelines bit.ly/3cc6wQE);
• Adult chronic home-care recipients;
• Adults 80 years and older; and
• First Nation people, Métis and Inuit who are 18 years or older.
Appointments are required. Walk-ins will not be accepted. Individuals who are eligible can book an appointment online at phu.fyi/covid-vaccine or call the health unit at 1-800-461-1818.
Those who have an appointment are advised not to arrive early as they will not be allowed to enter the clinic before their appointment time, to not gather outside and to bring a mask and their health card.
“If you live in other parts of the PHU region or if you were not able to schedule an appointment at these clinics, please be patient,” the health unit stated in a release. “More vaccine clinics for this group are being planned in the PHU region over the next few weeks. We will let you know as dates, times and locations are confirmed.”