Healthcare workers, Indigenous adults 18+ and their household members are also included in this priority group
Algoma Public Health has announced appointments for COVID-19 vaccinations for adults 75+ will be available next week.
The health unit says the following priority groups will be eligible to book immunization at clinics across Algoma:
- Healthcare workers (highest, very high, high, and moderate categories as per guidance for prioritizing health care workers
- Faith leaders who provide:
- End of life care
- Care of the deceased, funerals, bathing, or other ceremony with direct contact with deceased persons
- Home visits to unwell persons
- Pastoral care in hospitals/long-term care homes/retirement homes or other vulnerable settings.
- Staff and Essential Caregivers in long term care, retirement homes and other congregate care settings for seniors (e.g. assisted living)
- Indigenous adults (18+ and household members)
- Older adults (75 and older)
- Adult chronic home care recipients
Eligible residents will be able to book an appointment starting Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. for their vaccination at the GFL Memorial Gardens in Sault Ste. Marie on March 27-28.
To book an appointment online, please visit this link and click on ‘make appointment online’ under Sault Ste. Marie – GLF Memorial Gardens tab. To book an appointment by phone, call 705-541-2332 or Toll Free 1-800-469-2449. Phone lines will be open on March 24 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Algoma district continues in Phase One of the provincial roll out of COVID-19 with immunization clinic sites.
You can search for a clinic near you here.
APH advises residents to follow the instructions for available clinics by municipality. As more clinics are added throughout Algoma, the above priority populations will have the opportunity to be vaccinated.
In a release issued today, APH reminded residents that blocks of appointments are based on vaccine supply. If you do not get an appointment for these upcoming clinics, don’t panic. More appointments will be made available for bookings in the near future.